FIVE WAYS TO FINESSE THE RAINY SEASON
It’s officially that time of the year where leaving your house without an umbrella or raincoat is almost an abomination and its best to know the weather forecast. However, for fashionista’s who like to dress up, this might be a problem as they are restricted to just a few outfits that they feel comfortable in.
The rainy season doesn’t have to restrict your slay people! So whip out your best regardless.
- DARKER COLOURS ARE YOUR BEST BET
It can be pretty embarrassing to have your beautiful white shirt, top or trousers stained with debris on your way to work, school or an important meeting. Darker colors hide dirt well and buys you just enough time to finish your business of the day and get a change of clothes. So whip out your best dark colored pieces and let them have it.
2. LIGHT WEIGHT CLOTHES DO THE TRICK
3. It’s also that time of the year where washing your clothes a day before you wear them won’t work. Getting drenched in thick clothing can be very uncomfortable as there is little or no sunlight. So wearing light weight dresses, sweat shirts, longs sleeves etc, will definitely save you the embarrassment of smelling damp and funny the whole day.
WATERPROOF OR NO MAKE UP
It’s time to whip out that waterproof eyeliner, eye shadow, foundation you have been saving for your swimming trips. It’s best to apply them and in moderation too because you don’t want to be the *hanty* whose foundation is running down her blouse in traffic. Also, if you feel comfortable with your bare face, it’s time to flaunt it hunnay! Let them know.
4. RAIN COATS WILL KEEP THE WATER OFF YOUR OUTFIT
This has to be worse time of the year for pedestrians especially in a city like Lagos. Umbrellas will protect you from the rain but jackets will keep the mud water off
5. STOCK WATER FRIENDLY ACCESSORIES
Portable umbrellas, rubber hand bags, cases and footwear should be in your next shopping list. Avoid foot wear that requires you to wear socks as feet drenched in mud water doesn’t exactly have the best fragrance.